[Box Backup] Compare and XLS files.

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:05:40 +0000

On 14 Nov 2005, at 21:58, Scott McNee wrote:

> Hi Ben thanks,
> 		 Downloading the file diff says that there are differences
> but the File sizes appear to be the same. I think that you are
> right with
> the changes to office files but not actual changes. These files
> have not
> been modified in a while but they do not get uploaded? Doe the
> bbackupd
> daemon not recognize that as a diff???

In lazy mode, bbackupd will wait a good few hours before even
thinking about uploading the file, just in case the user modifies it
again. (Because another edit to an edited document is likely.) It's
only after a much longer time will it upload it anyway, to make sure
that changed documents do get uploaded in a timely manner.

We now need to get into the habit of adding every question asked on
the list into a FAQ on the wiki.

Ben