[Box Backup] An error changing limits, or is there?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:56:05 +0000

On 5 Feb 2006, at 17:51, Dennis Speekenbrink wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just changed the limits on an account that has some problems.
>
> I executed the following command:
> bbstoreaccounts <accountid> 1900M 3000M
>
> And this was the output:
> Couldn't lock the account -- did not change the limits

It cannot change the limits when a client is connected.

> Try again later.
> Limits on account <accountid> changed to 972800 soft, 1536000 hard
>
> And bbstoreaccounts info <accountid> did indeed show that the hard
> limit was raised to 3000 MB
> (the softlimit was purposefully kept the same value: 1900MB)
>
> So did or did it not change the limits?

Interesting. Did you check the limits before trying to change it?

> After this it took him exactly 2 minutes to re-login and try again.
>
> In short, I guess I want to know: what is error "(0x3e8,0xb)"

Err_StorageLimitExceeded

> Software versions:  server: 0.09   client: 0.08

I think I added some stuff to handle this more gracefully in the 0.09
client.

Enabling extended logging on the client will reveal the problematic
file.

Ben