[Box Backup] Version 0.10 released

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:24:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pete,

>> recent builds have a "sync-and-wait" command so that you can be sure
>> that a backup has been run, and your newly created files should have
>> been backed up.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure I get what that command does and/or when it should
> be used?

In the last version of the batch file that you sent out, there is a
comment that says "Try to get this file in place early to avoid race
conditions in later test... Ignore for now. This file is present in the
bbstore after a couple of runs of this batch file".

With the "sync-and-wait" command, all you need to do is create the file,
sleep long enough so that bbackupd will consider it old enough to back up,
and run "bbackupctl sync-and-wait". When it returns, the file should be
backed up.