[Box Backup] Is it possible to 'undelete' files in the Box Backup store?

Kelly Black boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:39:27 -0600

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:17:37PM +0000, Stuart Hickinbottom wrote:
> A hardware failure this week, however, led to my Linux server unmounting
> a large external disk (mounted under /mnt/media), which had the effect
> of causing all the files and directories under that mount point to
> effectively disappear.

Not that this helps the un-delete question, but...

A trick I have used is to have the automounter handle mounting.  This
has the benefit of the boxbackup client not finding the path if the
automounter fails to mount the external disk, share, nfs mountpoint, ftp
mount via lufs or what have you.

Kelly Black