[Box Backup] Win32 native client service bbackupd.conf

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:02:54 +0100 (BST)

Hi Gary,

> I gave the new version some testing, and here is some thoughts:

Thanks for the hard work!

> - tons of SetReplacementFileAttributes activity on the first backup run

When you say "first", do you mean a fresh (empty) account on the server,
or an account to which another client (e.g. cygwin) has been backing up?

In the first case, this is not expected, and probably a bug. Are these
reported in the event log on the client with ExtendedLogging enabled? If
not, then where do you see them?

In the second case, especially if the previously used client was Cygwin,
then it is expected, and documented on the bugs page. I do not plan to fix
this case, since it would require adding support for Cygwin's attributes
into Box Backup, and I suspect that most users will not care about these
attributes. The replacements should stop after the first backup with the
native client - do they?

> All backups completed successfully (large file diff, KeppAlive, etc.).

Excellent!

> Anything else in particular that I should pay attention to?

Anything listed as "fixed" on the known bugs page - otherwise, please just
keep your eyes open and keep verifying your backups regularly, and let me
know if you see anything unexpected.