[Box Backup] Win32 native client service bbackupd.conf

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:23:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi Gary,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Gary wrote:

> The later. The client used previously was one of your Win32 0.9x
> releases. When switching to the latest build, I had a lot of
> SetReplacementFileAttributes in the EventLog (with ExtendedLogging).

OK, I think this is a different issue. With older versions of the client,
the file timestamps would sometimes be saved incorrectly if your timezone
was not GMT, due to failure to initialise a structure used for timezone
conversion on Windows. This should have been fixed in r460.

> It takes too long to re-download everything for a full compare cycle, if
> we could add one more step to make the -aq end-to-end, it would be
> great. It would have to some kind of a checksum that verifies that the
> data on the bbstored side's hard drive actually matches blocks used for
> the -aq checksum.

This is a very good idea. Please add it to the Feature Requests page?