[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 19:44:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Ben Summers wrote:

> I second Martin's comment about you underestimating your contribution.

Thank you both, it's nice to be appreciated even when it's not deserved
:-)

> Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't appear to be gzipping your
> decompressing faster than receiving the extra data, and anyway, it is a
> negotiated thing rather than an all or nothing. It could be as simple as
> enabling mod_gzip.

Compression is definitely very useful, and Loband should have it enabled.
I just checked loading yahoo.com through it, and the response headers say
it was gzipped.

I think you might have missed it because small pages (such as the front
page) are not gzipped by default, and we haven't changed that option.

You had me worried though, because in the past it stopped compressing and
it took us a while to notice :-(