[Box Backup] Locations not backed up when location name contains space

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 23 May 2006 23:10:27 -0700

On 5/23/06 3:42 PM, Per Thomsen wrote:
> On 5/23/06 2:32 PM, patrick machielse wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This location is never backed up:
>>
>> Volumes-Opslag-backup test-
>> {
>>     Path = /Volumes/Opslag/backup test
>> }
>>
> I tried this on Linux (0.09) and you're right. It appears to be a bug in
> the parsing code for the config file, but a cursory look at the (0.10)
> code didn't reveal anything to my untrained eye. It seems like the
> parser takes everything, including spaces, into the value part of the
> data structure that holds the configuration info.
>
> I'll build a debug version of 0.10 later today, and will test a few
> different things, to see if I can see where the problem is occurring.

Having a backup location with spaces in the name works for me in 0.10:

=================================
bbackupd.conf:
.
.
BackupLocations
{
    home-pthomsen
    {
        Path = /home/pthomsen
    }
    test
    {
        Path = /tmp/test dir
    }
    dir 2
    {
        Path = /tmp/dir 2
    }
}
.
.
.
=================================
# ls -l /tmp/dir\ 2
total 4
-rw-r--r--  1  root  root 0 May 23 22:34 blech
#
===================================
>From bbackupquery
.
.
query > ls
00000002 -d---- home-pthomsen
00000003 -d---- test
00002698 -d---- dir 2
query > cd "dir 2"
query > ls
0000269b f----- blech
query > quit

Do you see the problematic BackupLocation in the top-level of the store
(ls from the bbackupquery prompt)?

Can you post the relevant section of bbackupd.conf (BackupLocations),
and the output of 'bbackupquery ls quit'?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561