[Box Backup] Win32 Issues

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 31 May 2006 08:22:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Peter,

> I've been using BoxBackup happily for a few years now, and recently
> upgraded my server to v0.10 from v0.09 (thanks to an 'emerge -vu world'
> on Gentoo without noticing the Box version change).  I've never had a
> problem building on a Linux system.  I rebuilt Linux clients with v0.10
> and they all work fine.
>
> I was previously running v0.09 win32 binaries without a problem, but I'm
> having issues compiling in Cygwin with the new v0.10 binaries -- and
> moving to another server.

Sorry, but I don't think BB 0.10 works properly on Cygwin. A number of the
unit tests fail.

Please consider using the Windows native client, which you can find at
[http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/0.10#Windows_Client].

You will probably have to change your configuration file, since all paths
should use "\" as the path separator, and "/cygdrive/c" should be changed
to "C:\".