[Box Backup] Win32 Issues

Peter Porter boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 31 May 2006 08:49:52 -0600

I've tried the Windows native client with the same lack of avail.  I get
a handshake error,  and I am certain that the certificates and key used
are the same.  My session looks like this:

  server01 box3 $ ./bbackupquery.exe -c bbackupd.conf
  Box Backup Query Tool v0.10_rc0.1_win32, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
  Using configuration file bbackupd.conf
  Connecting to store...
  Handshake with store...
  Exception: Connection Protocol_HandshakeFailed (7/48)
  No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not
performed.

What unit tests fail on Cygwin?  It seems as though bbackupquery works,
it simply has a problem reading from the console.  If I provide commands
as arguments, I can see that they've executed.

Doesn't a build on Cygwin with MinGW result in the native Win32 build?
I built following the instructions in
"win32_build_on_cygwin_using_mingw.txt", it would seem to me that I am
building the native Win32 client.  When I try to do a standard configure
and build under Cygwin, I get errors that it cannot determine mount
points on my system.

-Peter

--
  Peter Porter