[Box Backup] Help please with Exception: Connection SocketConnectError

J.A.Aylward boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:01:44 +0100

Hi again !

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this please?

bbackupd and bbstored are both running
Certificates are in the correct place (I think)

I typed: bbackupctl sync
and received:

Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
Daemon configuration summary:
AutomaticBackup = true
UpdateStoreInterval = 3600 seconds
MinimumFileAge = 21600 seconds
MaxUploadWait = 86400 seconds
Succeeded.

Then to try to check that things were happening I typed:  bbackupquery
"compare -aq" quit

Box Backup Query Tool v_exported, (c) Ben Summers and contributors
2003-2006
Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
Connecting to store...
Exception: Connection SocketConnectError (Probably a network issue
between client and server, bad hostname, or server not running.) (7/15)

I can ping the server, ssh to it, etc (in both directions)
hostname is entered in full with the domain name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks again

Jamie Aylward

--