[Box Backup] error fixing account after server crash

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:29:32 +0100

>  Baltasar Cevc <baltasar@cevc-topp.de> wrote:
>
> I've got an boxbackup server which crashed a few days ago; now I'm
> trying to resume backups. As the link is quite slow I'd rather reuse
> the data that's already on the server. However, I'm unable to fix one
> of the accounts with bbstoreaccounts. It's the second time I run into
> this error, so I thought it would be worth asking...
> Permissions seem correct to mee (everything owned by
> bbstored:bbstored).
>
> Do you have any hints? I've tried to compile a debug version and find
> the error using it, but I've got an "assertation failed" error th

It looks like you've got a particularly confused disc state after
your crash.

Within your backup root, move away the 00000003/o01.* files -- if
you're using RAID then do this in all of the disc sets. Then fix it
again, and it will recreate those files.

Ben