[Box Backup] Log files not being backed up

William R. Dickson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:40:10 -0700

I've got a pretty big directory I'm trying to back up that contains
many large log files that are not rolled frequently. Boxbackup seems
to be skipping those files. On one hand, this isn't entirely
surprising, as the log files change during the backup process so it
probably compares the resulting upload with the original finds that
they're different, and discards it as a bad upload. On the other
hand, I'd prefer that the files just be uploaded, that it accept the
fact that they won't match when it's done, and then simply keep
updating the differences periodically; when the log files are
eventually rolled, it can upload the last diffs and be done with it.

Is there any way to make the client more tolerant of differences in
the uploaded files and leave them on the server (if indeed that's the
source of my problem)?

Thanks,

-Bill