[Box Backup] keeping files 28 days patch

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:22:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Torsten wrote:

> For deleted files Box Backup should store the time the file was deleted.
> Then it would be possible to keep the deleted file for 28 days, right?

Unfortunately not. The file stays exactly as it was except that it is now
marked with the Deleted attribute. Consequently we don't know when a file
was deleted, which makes "restore to point in time" impossible in the
2+2=3 sense (apologies to Bruce Schneier :)