[IWE] A month w/out IWT is like...

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:45:52 -0800

Andrew Grygus wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:53:14 -0800, Rand Careaga wrote:
>

>>...well, I suppose we won't know exactly for another couple of days,
>>but speaking as something of an elderly duffer largely innocent of
>>the technical minutiae involved, I must say that I would have
>>expected you young bloods to be on top of things and to have heaping
>>servings of "chutney" available before now.
>>

>Aye, but them "young bloods" have yet many entanglements,
>distractions and illusions - they have yet to purify their souls
>and achieve unwavering focus.
>
>Lo, they may face even threats of the searing pain of "divorce"
>should they "waste time" on tasks seen as non-relevant by
>SOs (or similar from Bosses and the Infernal Revenoos).
>
>Only many cycles at trial, error, defeat and triumph brings to
>one the full realization that when faced with the scorching
>flames of Hell - pee on 'em.
>.
>
>(and a great deal of beer helps do that right).
>
>Andrew Grygus

But.. but..

Beer?? - I thought it was Colt 44 + Jolt cola

Inodes were said to be smugly superior to 'sector not found'.
Linux was Logical.. while Doze was indeterminate, irregularly irregular
- with SissyNamesAllRunTogether. [SNART]
And..
and..
No *nix Admin *ever* commanded,  'rm -r hda-{wtf a RAID array == in
nixspeak}'

and..

The whole Point of RAID was:
What are the ODDS -??- of two HDs immolating simultaneously.

And now..
and now..
we learn that it's all as evanescent as a megacorp with SAS and
LookOut.. on a PET.
/[It's] as restless as a willow in a windstorm, [It's] as jumpy as
puppet on a string/
/as giddy as a baby on a swing/

- - a veritable /Portrait of Debian Gray/ so-to-speak

I get so confused -
What is there left to Believe In, anymore?

 >Victory in East Asia< perhaps?

<Yellow Submarine>Ar-ghen-ti'-na?</Submarine>