[IWE] Question about Shutting down Linux blind

James Bennett iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:57:08 -0600

On 1/30/07, Wade Bowmer <static@yceran.org> wrote:
> A variation that doesn't require a root password is like this (step 1 as
> above):
>
> 2. Login as yourself (the user/password that works in KDE will work here).
> 3. Enter the command sudo shutdown -h now
> 4. Enter your password again.

As an aside, I usually leave SSH running on any *nix box I have around
the apartment (public key auth is your friend!) for just such an
occasion... I've had X hang on me too many times to trust anything
which requires me to see what's on the screen...